Catherine Bowen, Plascon Trends Editor
Bathrooms are essential spaces within any home and yet ironically are often given the least care and attention… So this winter, whilst outdoor spaces and entertainment areas take a backseat in the home DIY space, why not consider giving this area a little refreshment in the form of a paint makeover with tips from our sister blog, Plascon Spaces?
Bathroom Remodel Ideas with Plascon Spaces
What you’ll need:
- Plascon Cashmere Light Reflection
- Plascon Cashmere paint in the contrast colour of your choice (refer to our Inspired Colour System for help selecting your favourite shade)
- Hamilton’s Polypile paint roller
- Hamilton’s Ensign 50 mm brush
- Drop sheets
- Masking tape
- Plastic roller tray
- Artist’s brush
To get the décor effect, you’ll need to complete the following steps:
- Prepare the space by making sure your walls are clean and completely dust-free. Be sure to put down a drop sheet – this is especially important on a marble or travertine floor, which can stain easily.
- Now set to work with masking tape around doors, windows, skirting boards and picture rails or shelves.
- Apply two coats of your lighter colour to the walls using the paint roller. Allow 15 to 45 minutes drying time between coats, depending on humidity and temperature.
- Once your base colour has dried thoroughly, it’s time to prepare the wall for the contrast colour. Decide on your focal point, or the section of the wall you want to highlight. Make your measurements and apply masking tape as a guide.
- To get the most out of a strong colour, you will need several coats. Be sure to remove your masking tape before the last coat has dried properly, otherwise it will stick to the wall with tenacity. Stand by with an artist’s brush for any touch-ups.
- Accent your chosen colour palette with towels and accessories in hints of complementary colour (again you might want to refer to our Inspired Colour System for guidance).
Voila! A fresh new space for you to enjoy; a space to steam away the stresses, toils and concerns of modern living and to emerge revitalized and energized 🙂