Anne Roselt, Plascon Colour Manager
Fuchsia is the ultimate hot pink, and it’s hotter than ever this month, so much so that we have chosen it as the Colour of the Month for Feb. With a youthful, uplifting and carefree energy, it promises to pack an invigorating punch when used wisely and in the right space.
Fuchsia is often the colour of choice for the bedrooms of young teenage girls who resonate with its upbeat energy. Pink is emotionally soothing, and fuchsia pinks help draw friendships and build confidence.
But a teenager’s room isn’t the only place that works well with a dash of pink. The energetic and uplifting qualities of this colour can be used as an accent to a dining room, lounge, entrance area, study or kitchen. A painted chandelier or accessory is an elegant way to introduce this colour.
February Colour of the Month: Tips and Inspiration
Update an old piece of furniture by painting it – or part of it – in pink.
Pink gives a wonderful glow to the skin, making it a great choice for your bathroom.
What colours complement fuchsia?
- GREEN is the complementary colour to pink, which is why emerald – Pantone’s colour of the year – goes wonderfully with fuchsia.
- WHITE shows the colour off beautifully.
- RED and ORANGE are quite trendy with fuchsia right now.
- NAVY BLUE lightens up when combined with pink.
- SILVER give pink a lustrous edge.
- GREY is given a lift with the addition of fuchsia pink.
Are you a fan of fuchsia?
Bright-pink people are ambitious, energetic and passionate – although they tend to be slightly less extroverted than those who are more drawn to red. Younger people who like this colour are ready to develop to their full potential. Are you?
Plascon’s favourite pinks:
- Fuscia Fizz R2-A1-1, from the 2013 Colour Forecast
- Valentino Rose R2-A1-2
- Mystic Tulip R1-A1-1
- Peony Blooms R1-A1-2